Verses found on the web, your contributions are welcome.
Verses I've Collected:
Though your smile is gone forever,
your hand we can no longer touch.
Still, we have so many memories
of the one we loved so much.
Your memory is our keepsake
with which well never part.
God has you in His keeping,
we have you in our
Please plant these
In Loving Memory of
Our Precious Mother
(Name and Date)
It is our hope
that as these flowers bloom
they will remind you of the
beauty of life and celebrate the love that was our
I thought of you with love today but that is nothing new
I thought about you yesterday
and days before that too, I think of you in silence
I often speak your name I have so many memories
Your picture in a frame
Your memory is my keepsake
with which Iâ€™ll never part
God has you in His keeping
I have you in my heart.
Thank you for helping us celebrate the life and spirit of ____________. Let her generousity and love help us sow the seeds of kindness wherever we go. In loving memory of our Mother, Grandmother, Wife and Friend. May her light shine everlasting. Please plant these seeds in her memory.
Thank you for coming today to help honor our Grandmother, Mother and Friend. When we get to heaven I know she'll meet us singing and we can't wait! But for now we lay our Mother to rest and await the day we see her again. We appreciate you being with us and supporting our family on this day of many memories.
If flowers grow in Heaven, Lord please pick a bunch for me. Place them in my Mother's arms And tell her they're from me. Tell her I love her and miss her And when she turns to smile, Place a kiss upon her cheek And hold her for awhile. Because remembering her is easy, I do it every day. But there's an ache within my heart Because I am missing her today...
These verses I found on Frans Memorial Candle Site but they were so good I wanted to show them to you. Go to franscandles.com (lovely)
*MV #1 Our thoughts are ever with you Though you have passed away. And those who loved you dearly Are thinking of you today.
* MV #2 Everyday in some small way Memories of you come our way. Though absent, you are always near Still missed, loved and always dear.
* MV #3 Your presence I/we miss, Your memory I/we treasure, Loving you always, Forgetting you never.
* MV #4 No farewell words were spoken, No time to say goodbye, You were gone before we knew it, And only God can tell us why.
*MV #5 Those we love don't go away, They walk beside us every day, Unseen, unheard, but always near, Still loved, still missed and very dear.
* MV #6 We can't have old days back When we were all together. But secret tears and loving thoughts Will be with us forever.
* MV #7 Thank you for loving and sharing, For giving and for caring. God bless you and keep you, Until we meet again.
* MV #8 In our hearts your memory lingers, Sweetly tender, fond and true, There is not a day, dear Mother (Father), That we do not think of you.
* MV #9 When a loved one becomes a memory That memory becomes a treasure.
* MV #10 Your gentle face and patient smile With sadness we recall You had a kindly word for each And died beloved by all.
* MV #11 Your life was a blessing your memory a treasure... You are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure...
* MV #12 You are not forgotten loved one Nor will you ever be. As long as life and memory last We will remember thee.
* MV #13 We miss you now, our hearts are sore, As time goes by we miss you more, Your loving smile, your gentle face, No one can fill your vacant place.
* MV #14 Your touch, your smile, Was always so tender, Today, tomorrow, We will always remember.
* MV #15 We miss you in so many ways, We miss the things you used to say, And when old times we do recall, ItÃ‚â€™s then we miss you most of all.
* MV #16 Nothing can ever take away The love a heart holds dear. Fond memories linger every day Remembrance keeps him/her near.
* MV #17 Looking back with memories, Upon the path you trod, We bless the hours we had with you, And leave the rest with God.
* MV #18 Those we love we never lose, For always they will be, Loved, remembered, treasured, Always in our memory.
* MV #19 Always in our thoughts Forever in our hearts
* MV #20 Tenderly we treasure the past With memories that will always last.
* MV #21 Remembering you on this day, Comforted by so many memories.
* MV #22 Though absent you are very near, Still loved, still missed and very dear.
* MV #23 In the hearts of those who loved you You will always be there.
* MV #24 It broke our hearts to lose you, But you did not go alone. For part of us went with you, The day God called you home.
* MV #25 Think of him/her as living In the hearts of those he/she touched. For nothing loved is ever lost And he/she was loved so much!
* MV #26 A silent thought, a secret tear, Keeps your memory ever dear, God took you home, it was his will, But in our hearts, you live still.
* MV #27 I have fought the good fight I have finished the race I have kept the faith. ~ II Timothy 4:7
* MV #28 God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So he put his arms around you and whispered "Come to Me". A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands now rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us He only takes the best.
* MV #29 God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So he put his arms around you, and whispered "Come to Me". With tearful eyes we watched you, we watched you fade away. Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands now rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us He only takes the best.
* MV #30 Life is but a stopping place, A pause in what's to be, A resting place along the road, To sweet eternity. We all have different journeys, Different paths along the way, We are all meant to learn some things, But never meant to stay. Our destination is a place, Far greater than we know, For some the journey's quicker, For some the journey's slow. But when the journey finally ends, We'll claim a great reward, And find an everlasting peace, Together with the Lord.
* MV #31 Little did we know that morning God was going to call your name. In life we loved you dearly, in death we do the same. It broke our hearts to lose you, but you did not go alone. For part of us went with you, the day God called you home. You left us peaceful memories, your love is still our guide. And though we cannot see you, you are always by our side. Our family chain is broken and nothing seems the same. But as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again.
* MV #32 If we could have a lifetime wish and one dream that could come true We would pray to God with all our hearts just to see and speak to you A thousand words wonÃ‚â€™t bring you back We know because weÃ‚â€™ve tried and neither will a million tears We know because weÃ‚â€™ve cried YouÃ‚â€™ve left behind our broken hearts and precious memories too But weÃ‚â€™ve never wanted memories We only wanted you
* MV #33 Right now I'm in a different place And though we seem apart I'm closer than I ever was ... I'm there inside your heart I'm with you when you greet each day And while the sun shines bright I'm there to share the sunsets, too ... I'm with you every night I'm with you when the times are good To share a laugh or two, And if a tear should start to fall ... I'll still be there for you And when that day arrives That we no longer are apart, I'll smile and hold you close to me ... Forever in my heart
* MV #34 As you hold me close in memory, even though we are apart, my spirit will live on, there within your heart . I am with you always. When you lean on trusted friends and their caring hugs enfold you, within their loving arms, I'll be there to hold you. I am with you always. And beyond the far horizon when we'll finally be together, where love will be eternal and life will last forever. I am with you always.
* MV #35 God looked around his garden and found an empty place He then looked down upon this earth and saw your tired face He put his arms around you and lifted you to rest GodÃ‚â€™s garden must be beautiful He always takes the best He knew that you were suffering He knew you were in pain He knew that you would never get well on earth again He saw that the road was getting rough and the hills are hard to climb So he closed your weary eyelids and whispered, Ã‚â€œPeace be thineÃ‚â€ It broke our hearts to lose you But you didnÃ‚â€™t go alone For part of us went with you The day God called you home
* MV #36 Although death has separated us physically, faith and love have bound us eternally. Though we cannot see you, we know you are here. Though we cannot touch you, we feel the warmth of your smile, as we begin a new chapter in our lives.
* MV #37 Today we pause to reflect upon those who have shaped our character, molded our spirits and touched our hearts. May the lighting of this candle be a reminder of the memories we have shared, a representation of the everlasting impact you have made upon our lives.
* MV #38 You were a gift sent straight from Heaven. Given to us from God above. We didn't know how much you would teach us About the meaning of true love... For true love sometimes means letting go Of someone precious and dear. That is what we were forced to do... Although we wanted to keep you here!!! However, this is quite a selfish wish. One we know we should ignore... But, sweet (babies name), we truly do believe That God must have needed you more... Perhaps to be an Angel now, Full of wisdom and love... Watching over those of us who love you From the shining stars above. We miss you more than you can know. You will never be replaced... In our hearts and memories forever, Will be your sweet and innocent sleeping face.
* MV #39 If Roses grow in Heaven, Lord please pick a bunch for me Place them in my Mother's arms And tell her they're from me Tell her I love her and miss her And when she turns to smile Place a kiss upon her cheek And hold her for awhile Because remembering her is easy, I do it every day But there's an ache within my heart Because I am missing her today...
* MV #40 Those we love remain with us for love itself lives on. Cherished memories never fade because one loved is gone. Those we love can never be more than a thought apart for as long as there is a memory they live on in our heart.
* MV #41 Do not stand at my grave and weep. I am not there, I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow. I am a diamond glint of snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain. I am the gentle autumn rain. When you awake in the morning hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circling flight. I am the soft star shine at night. Do not stand by my grave and cry I am not there... I did not die.
* MV #42 Footsteps In The Sand One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him and the other to the LORD. When the last scene of his life flashed before him he looked back, at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of his life. This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it: "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me." The LORD replied: "My son, My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
* MV #43 IÃ‚â€™d like the memory of me to be a happy one, IÃ‚â€™d like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done.. IÃ‚â€™d like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways, Of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days. IÃ‚â€™d like the tears of those who grieve, to dry before the sun, Of happy memories that I leave behind When life is done.
* MV #44 This day will be a celebration of the short time you were here. You will always be remembered with great love and many tears. But to only feel pain and sorrow would not be fair to you. Your life meant so much more to us, more than words could say. You were here so briefly, I wonder if you knew all the ways youÃ‚â€™ve touched our world and our hearts and everyone who knew you since the day God called you home. Now my child, youÃ‚â€™re an angel with your heavenly Father above, we see not only what weÃ‚â€™ve lost but our capacity of love. There will always be a big void in our life and a hole in our hearts that will never heal. Our souls will grieve forever. Will we forget or stop loving you? No! Not nowÃ‚â€¦not ever. As this day is upon us, oh, how our hearts still hurt. But even as I mourn your death, we will always celebrate your birth. It was the happiest day of our lives.
* MV #45 The Lord is my Shepherd: I shall not want He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the Paths of righteousness for his nameÃ‚â€™s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death. I will fear no evil: For thou art with me: thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the Presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil: My cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow Me all the days of my life: and I will Dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
* MV #46 A candle to remember, may it burn ever so bright As we look to the heavens on this very night. Beyond the stars, our dear (persons name) soars Embraced by (her/his) Savior on heaven's shores. As the angels protect (her/him) and sing (her/his) sweet name We honor (her/his) life with the glow of this flame. So we light this candle for our (persons name) tonight As a symbol of our love and (her/his) eternal life.
* MV #47 For those who are in our hearts on our Wedding Day ~ and Always ~ bless us in spirit as we begin our new life together
* MV #48 Ã‚â€œThe BestÃ‚â€ God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So He put His arms around you and He whispered Ã‚â€œCome to MeÃ‚â€ With tearful eyes we watched you. We watched you fade away. Although we loved you dearly, We could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, Hard-working hands at rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us, He chose to take the best. ItÃ‚â€™s lonesome here without you we miss you more each day. Life doesnÃ‚â€™t seem the same since you have gone away. When days are sad and lonely and everything goes wrong, we seem to hear you whisper Ã‚â€œCheer Up and Carry OnÃ‚â€ Each time we see your picture you seem to smile and say, Ã‚â€œDonÃ‚â€™t cry, IÃ‚â€™m in GodÃ‚â€™s hands, weÃ‚â€™ll meet again someday!Ã‚â€
* MV #49 Although we canÃ‚â€™t see you We know you are here Smiling down Watching over us As we say Ã‚â€œI DoÃ‚â€ Forever in our hearts Forever in our lives And so we say our vows In loving memory of you
* MV #50 The moment that you died my heart was torn in two, one side filled with heartache, the other died with you. I often lie awake at night, when the world is fast asleep, and take a walk down memory lane, with tears upon my cheeks. Remembering you is easy, I do it everyday, but missing you is heartache that never goes away. I hold you tightly within my heart and there you will remain.
* MV #51 To the Child in my Heart O precious tiny sweet little one you will always be to me, so perfect pure and innocent just as you were meant to be. We dreamed of you and of your life and all that it would be, we waited and longed for you to come and join our family. We never had the chance to play, to laugh to rock to wiggle, we long to hold you, touch you now and listen to you giggle. I will always be your mother, he'll always be your dad, you will always be our child, the child that we had. But now your gone...but yet your here, we'll sense you everywhere, you are our sorrow and our joy there's love in every tear. Just know our love goes deep and strong, we'll forget you never. The child we had, but never had and yet we'll have forever.
* MV #52 I'm Free Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free I'm following the path God has laid you see. I took his hand when I heard His call I turned my back and left it all. I could not stay another day, To laugh, to love, to work or play. Tasks left undone must stay that way. I found peace at the close of day. If my parting has left a void Then fill it with remembered joys. A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss, O yes, these things I too will miss. Be not burdened with times of sorrow. I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow. My life's been full, I savored much, Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch. Perhaps my time seemed all too brief, Don't lengthen it now with undue grief. Lift up your hearts and peace to thee, God wanted me now, He set me free.
*MV #53 This time tomorrow night you'll be A thousand miles away from me Though you will be far away I'll be dreaming of the day When you come back home to me Flying back across the sea Flying home, no more to part Flying back to me, sweetheart Though I know you have to go I am gonna miss you so So think of me while we're apart And I will keep you in my heart I'll be dreaming of the day Dreaming of the day you'll say I'm flying back, no more to part Flying back to you, sweetheart The time has come to say goodbye So leave me now for you must fly I'll keep dreamin' of the day Dreamin' of the day you'll say I'm flying back, no more to part I'm flying back to you, sweetheart
*MV #54 Got a picture of you I carry in my heart, Close my eyes to see it when the world gets dark, Got a memory of you I carry in my soul, I wrap it close around me when the nights get cold, If you ask me how I'm doing I'd say just fine, But the truth is, if you could read my mind, Not a day goes by, that I don't think of you, After all this time, you're still with me it's true, Somehow you remain, locked so deep inside, Not a day goes by...
* MV #55 I lit a candle tonight, in honor of you Remembering your life, and all the times we'd been through. Such a small little light the candle made Until I realized how much in darkness it lit the way. All the tears I've cried in all my grief and pain What a garden they grew, watered with human rain. I sometimes can't see beyond the moment, in hopeless despair. But then your memory sustains me, in heartaches repair. I can wait for the tomorrow, when my sorrows ease Until then I'll light this candle, and let my memories run free.
*MV # 56 He/She wasn't a hero known by the world But a hero he/she was to his little girl/boy. I knew his/her voice before I could speak And loved it when he/she would sing me to sleep. He/She taught us life's lessons of right from wrong And instilled in us values that we might be strong. And so through the years like a hero he/she stood Working to give all that he/she could. His/Her presence was important and we loved to see him/her smile For no one in the world could emulate his/her style. And so dear Dad/Mom my best memory to recall Is the gift of your presence The greatest gift of all.
*MV # 57 Irish Blessing May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind be always at your back, May the sun shine warm upon your face, And the rains fall soft upon your fields, And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
* MV # 58 There is always a face before me, A voice I would love to hear, A smile I will always remember, Of a brother I loved so dear. Deep in my heart lies a picture, More precious than silver or gold, It's a picture of my brother, Whose memory will never grow old.
* MV # 59 An angel in the book of life Wrote down our babyÃ‚â€™s birth She whispered as she closed the book "Too beautiful for earth."
* MV #60 Message from Heaven I still hear the songs I still see the lights I still feel your love I still share your hopes and all of your cares I'll even remind you to please say your prayers I just want to tell you you still make me proud You stand head and shoulders above the crowd Keep trying each moment to stay in his grace I came here before you to help set your place You don't have to be perfect all of the time He forgives you the slip if you continue to climb To my family and friends please be thankful today I'm still close beside you in a new special way As I am now beside Jesus in the heavenÃ‚â€™s above Please take care of each other we send you our love
* MV #61 A Visitor From Heaven A visitor from heaven If only for awhile A gift of love to be returned we think of you and smile A visitor from heaven accompanied by grace Reminding of a better love and of a better place With aching hearts and empty arms we send you with a name It hurts so much to let you go but we're so glad you came We're so glad you came a visitor from heaven If only for a day we thank Him for the time He gave And now it's time to say we trust you to the Fathers love And to His tender care held in the everlasting arms And we're so glad you're there we're so glad you're there With breaking hearts and open hands we send you with a name It hurts so much to let you go but we're so glad you came We're so glad you came
* MV #62 For those gone in presence but here in essence This light shines as a symbol of lives and loves remembered
* MV #63 The Cord We are connected, my child and I, by an invisible cord not seen by the eye. It's not like the cord that connected us 'till birth, this cord can't be seen by anyone on earth. This cord does its work, right from the start, it bonds us together, attached at the heart. I know that its there though no one can see, the invisible cord, from my child to me. The strength of this cord, it's hard to describe. it can't be destroyed, it can't be denied. It's stronger than any cord, man could create, it withstands the tests, can hold any weight. And though you are gone, not here with me, the cord is still there, but no one can see. It pulls at my heart, I am bruised....I am sore, but this cord is my lifeline, as never before. I am thankful that God connected this way, a mother and a child, death can't take it away!
* MV#64 I am home in heaven dear ones, oh so happy and so bright. There is perfect joy and beauty, in this everlasting light. All the pain and grief is over, every restless yearning past. I am now at peace forever, safely home in heaven at last. Dear ones, do not grieve so sorely, for I love you dearly still. Try to look beyond earth's shadow, pray to trust our father's will. There is work still waiting for you, so you must not idly stand. When the work is all completed, He will gently call you home. Oh, the rapture of that meeting! Oh, the joy to see you come!
* MV#65 As (her/his) spirit soars in flight Here is a candle for you to light And with the flicker of this flame Say a prayer in (her/his) name * MV#66 As we present our vows to one another We know that you are in attendance Smiling with great pride, strength, and happiness You will always forever be in our hearts And as we express our vows to one another And present our Ã‚â€œI DoÃ‚â€ We share our day with you As a dedication to you Ã‚â€œMom/DadÃ‚â€
* MV#67 Death leaves a heartache no one can heal... Love leaves a memory no one can steal.
* MV#68 In Loving Memory of Our departed loved ones In the Lord's keeping
* MV#69 In Loving Memory of Our departed loved ones Gone before us Now in the Lord's keeping
* MV#70 In Loving Memory of the departed members of the ~ Brides 'last name' and Grooms 'last name' ~ families gone before us now in the Lord's keeping
* MV#71 If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane I would walk right up to Heaven and bring you back again No farewell words were spoken No time to say Ã‚â€˜goodbyeÃ‚â€™ You were gone before I knew it and only God knows why My heart still ache in sadness and secret tears will flow What it meant to love you - No one can ever know But now I know you want me to mourn for you no more To remember all the happy times life still has much in store Since you'll never be forgotten I pledge to you today - A hallowed place within my heart is where you'll always stay
* MV#72 Remembrance You can shed tears that she/he is gone, or you can smile because she/he has lived. You can close your eyes and pray that she'll/heÃ‚â€™ll come back, or you can open your eyes and see all she/he has left. Your heart can be empty because you can't see her/him, or you can be full of the love you shared. You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday, or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday. You can remember her/him and only that she's/heÃ‚â€™s gone, or you can cherish her/his memory and let it live on. You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back, or you can do what she'd/heÃ‚â€™d want: Smile, Open Your Eyes, Love and Go on.
* Your personal Poems & Verses are always welcome.